Tuesday 15 January 2008

All nighter

Played two unbelievable sessions yesterday, winning on both and as a result things are looking pretty good atm.

The first session was played yesterday afternoon while I sat watching the snooker. I know total concentration should be the order of the day with no distractions, but I find playing poker with any other sport on the TV in the background somehow helps me relax. Anyway I took my usual $80 off to 4 tables at the micro limits and almost immediately started to tear the tables apart. I mean I could do no wrong, I was getting some unbelievable hands pre flop which just turned into monsters on the flop and beyond. Pocket pair after pocket pair making the set on the flop, my flush draws all falling into place and my soooted connectors actually connecting and the little micro fishies caught hook line and sinker ! It was unbelievable, just about everything working out for one and at the end of that session I finished with $256 across the four tarbs for a profit of $176, almost 9 buy-ins up, awesome for the micro games.

Roll now up to $552

Later last night, well much later, I was burning the midnight oil, watching the 888.com tourney on Sky. I decided to get my laptop out and play a few hands whilst watching the tourney. With my confidence high from my afternoon win I proceeded to destroy the little micro fish with a session that finished at 6.15 am this morning with me totally shattered. Again I was catching some massive hands and getting maximum value out of them for some very decent pots for the micro levels. Once the TV poker finished I found myself up just over $130 and with my confidence sky high I decided to move up a level to $0.25/0.50. Things continued much the same and I soon settled into a nice rythm, dominating the tables with an aggressive image and picking up pot after pot, hooking fish after fish. It was like a conveyor belt of little fish queueing up, as one fish went busto another soon took his place and so on. One hand that stands out, it was an example of how well I was running and also showing that I had more than my fair share of luck thrown in for good measure. In middle position I was dealt 72 sooooted and decided to raise ! Shit play I know, but I really felt invincible, got three callers and the flop came a beautiful Boeing 727, how lucky was that, bust two payers with that and took a serious amount of verbals ! I ended up the session totally shattered but with a healthy profit of $372, making my profit for the day a very nice $548. This has totally transformed my roll from a paultry $376 to a much healthier looking $924 in one day.

I dont know what happened yesterday but across the two sessions I really could do no wrong. The only explaination I can put forward is that the poker Gods had a quick read over my blog and felt a little guilty at the shit they had dealt me of late...................lol. I really was running unbelievably hot. I know of many poker players who hit rich veins of form which can last several days, weeks or even months, can this be my turn? I dont know, I sincerely hope so, but I am now watching the afternoon snooker again, just chillin and once its over I am going to take myself off to a darkened room for a little meditation and deep prayer to the poker Gods, offering them my soul in exchange for this hot poker streak to continue..........

Think I will try to take in another late night session tonight, but return back to my $0.10/0.20 tables and continue to grind.

Onwards and upwards.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ty for the comment

Anonymous said...

what site ru on and do u play short or full no limit? im switching to no limit starting off micro and working way up but well done ur doin very well!! u live in belfast?

Mike Bassett said...

Mr Cea

Firstly I live just outside Lisburn, always good to see & hear of other poker players from our wee Island.

I currently have several poker accounts, but took a serious beating last year losing my roll of over £8 grand due to a serious run of bad luck, bad beats, bad play, chasing loses which is tilt, so this year in all honesty I am skint. I am presently on the ipoker network playing on the VC skin. Its hard work but one thing I have come to remember when I play now is that this current roll is all I have to play poker with, so I play basic ABC stuff and no chasing draws etc. So far things are going ok but it is a real grind compared to playing at $3/6 NL that I am used to. I currently play a mix of short, 6 player or full ring games and dont find the mixture a problem. Hope to move up to $0.25/0.50 by end of next week and aim to be on the $1/2 NL tables by the end of February if the poker Gods permitt. But as I say I have found it a real shock to the system down at the micro levels, they just dont put hands down, but if you play top hands and hit then you do get paid off.

I do think you should move down a couple of levels and just grind a roll from there and you should be back up to where you were in no time.