Tuesday 22 January 2008

Struggling !

Since my last post I have been grinding away at the wee small levels, but tbh I am really struggling. I have managed a small profit of $39 over the period, absolutely pathetic. Roll now stands at $781. I am busting to just take my roll to the $1/2NL tables, fire up 4 tables and try a do or die session in an effort to give the roll a much needed boost. However I know if I lose and blow the lot then its disaster, and its hardly good prudent brm ! So I am currently fighting, and just about keeping at bay, my poker demons calls to gamble the lot, but still find the prospects of grinding the micro levels depressing.

On reflection, if I can manage to keep the desire to go to the $1/2 tarbs at bay it will be a major achievement. In the past I have at times moved up to levels for which I was not rolled ($5/10-$10/20nl), after losing sessions, in an effort to recoup the losses. Sometime, in fact quite a lot of times this strategy worked and not only did I claw back those loses but turned in a tidy profit, but that was poor bank roll management and in the end my overall poor run of play and lack of discipline led to my downfall. So discipline and trying to exercise some sort of brm is the way back, no matter how hard it is to keep those demons at bay.

I have however found some solice in keeping track of some of the other regular bloggers. I know a significant amount of poker blogs can be somewhat depressing or negative, with people posting and moaning about their bad beats and other negative points to their game, but such is poker, and it reminds me I am not alone ! On the positive front, I just live atm for more posts from master poker bloggers like luckyjimm, amatay, ukgatsby and Poker4EverandEver, who's Rob is currently in Vegas battling the cash & tourney tables. Just finished reading luckyjimms new blog on the Gutshots site, fantastic first article, this guys writing and ability to combine his poker adventures with his observations on life is fantastic and congratulations on the Gutshot on taking him onboard. Amatay on the otherhand is just a laffff, his blog is so funny, or perhaps I just have a warped sense of humour, but it cheers me up no end !

Anyway back to reading more blogs and then consider a little poker................ later.

2 comments:

Mr. Jackie O'Quinn said...

Mike,

I just added your blog to my favorites and will probably link to it later. I too ma very impatient to step in the levels hence why I started the "Million Dollar Challenge" on my blog. Keeps me honest because I lay out the rules and everything. I am expected to follow the rules obviously and that is the part that keeps me honest.

Also according to the rules I am able to be reasonably aggressive, which helps combat the demons some what as you say...

Keep the discipline, I will be back.

Jackie

Amatay said...

ahahahaa cheer mate, gad i entertain u