Friday 18 January 2008

Back to Reality

Well after promising to sell my soul to the poker Gods in exchange for my hot streak on the tarbs to continue, I returned to the grind with my head firmly in the clouds. Well I think my promises have fallen on deaf ears as in 3 sessions I have taken nothing except ass kicking after ass kicking.

I lost $63 in my first session after going bust on 3 tables and walking away from the other, next session I bust on 2 tables and was losing on the other 2 when I decided not to chase my losses and settle for another loss, this time $52. Things aint got any better on my latest session when I took another beating losing another $67 for a combined loss of $182 since my big win day. Took a few bad beats but to be fair I just found myself getting slaughtered by bigger pairs/sets or better straighs and flushes, etc, etc, etc.

Looking back on my one day hot streak, I just think I got lucky and found a day when there were an inordinate amount of fish at the tables, but at least I did manage to sort of maximise my profit margine at their expense. Since then its back to the grind and back down to earth with a bump. Was seriously considering moving up to $1/2 with what was left of my roll, $742, just to get away from some of these 'call with anything' fish, but took a step back and realised that was the onset of tilt, so have to re-group my thoughts, concentrate, get back to solid ABC stuff and hopefully the rest will follow?

No comments: