Saturday 5 January 2008

The Grind

Well folks, first of all Happy New Year to you fish. Hope all goes well on the tables this year.
Following my disasterous end to 2007, the only way for me is up, but it will be a slow process. I dont have the money at the minute to make a decent deposit to my accounts, unless anyone knows where a poker player can get a loan? So in an effort to feed my compulsive addiction to poker I decided to cash in some of my VIP action points on one of my ipoker accounts, giving me $150. With this I have decided to go down to the micro limits and just grind in an effort to get back to some form of a roll, until I can afford to make a substantial deposit to my account.

So my grinding efforts commenced a few days ago on the $0.10/0.20 levels !!!!!!!! Started with a bit of a gamble by playing 4 tables with the max $20 buy-in. I bust out on one table reloaded and grinded away, finishing after 4 hours and walking away from the 4 tables with $243, for an overall profit of $143 and the roll up to $293, a winning day for the first time in a long while.

Day two and more of the same, 4 tables and grinded up to $188 for a profit of $88 over another 4 hours, nothing great but its still the right direction. Since then I have managed another small profit, despite the usual bad beats and the poker Gods still favouring the fish who call my hands, (had AA beat again this time by 62?) I now have my roll, if u can call it that, up to $439, after some 13 hours play over 3 days, profit of $289. This level really is a serious grind but I must learn to come to terms with it. I hope to move up to $0.25/0.50 if I can get up to $1k or so. Almost half way to that next level, but I am in no rush. I am finding this a real challenge and do struggle at times as you can imagine the fish at this level really are fish in the truest sense of the word and call, chase and bluff, playing almost any two cards.

So can I do it? Well I am still almost $17K down on last years end and am determined to recoup those losses and return a profit. Its true back to basics stuff and in many ways a humbling experience but at least I am back at the tables for my poker fix.

Anyway its a start and like I said before........the only way is up!

No comments: